Dave and I went on a cruise out of Miami to Key West and Cozumel.
Neither of us have been on one so this was quite the experience for us.

This is us waiting at the air port. Dave's gettin excited, I'm just waiting for the flight to be over already...

For those of you who don't already know... I don't do well on planes, so I was glad to get off and move forward with our trip!

The Imagination! As 1985 as a cruise ship can get, but that's ok. We love her for who she is and embrace her character :)

Our room. It was so fun.



Kickin it, B&D style.

This area was cool, but also packed with people, so we spent most of our lay out time on the Serenity Deck, where you weren't allowed to make noise or save seats. it was wonderfully quiet and beautiful.

The spring breakers won't emerge from the depths for another several hours...

We took a bike tour of Key West, I was really fun to ride a bike again. Especially the kind that have the kick back breaks. And the scenery was so beautiful and refreshing.

Dave is so cute. He only wore his helmet for the first three minutes and continued to ridicule me through out the tour that I was the only one that was still wearing their helmet til the end. What a dorky wife!




Apparently Hemingway had a lot of cats... that had six toes?


This was our tour guide. He was an interesting guy. Worked for NYPD for 15 years or so, until after 9/11 he decided New York wasn't for him anymore and moved down here where it was quiet and easy going. This is him and his coconut juice.

Love him.




This is just a lil pond at this Key Lime Shop we stopped in. We bought key lime candy, lotion, and pie. One of my favorite things.

Some weird guy at a shop... and the coral man.

We didn't go in this place. Just took a picture of it.

This was one night at dinner. We had anytime dinner service which was nice because it ended up that we got to have our own table each night. Very Romantic ;)

Hangin out in a lounge area.

And I had to document that I wore my good ole teal shoes :)

Hello.

The Serenity Deck!
SSSHHHH!!
Oh sorry, (the serenity deck.)

This was our tour guide Eduardo.
He really went the extra mile for us.


Showed us the way that the Mayans lived back in the day.

Different used for aloe.


These lil huts reminded Dave of his mission in Uruguay and the people he taught there.


Now time for snorkeling!!

This was one of our favorite places, so beautiful!

Dave did a great job!! He really loved skootin around, exploring everything under water.
I kept getting salt water in my eyes.
Dave had to save me a couple times.



After snorkeling we had an AWESOME meal. I'm telling you, this was some really really great Mexican food. I was in spicy heaven!


Mi boca esta fuego!


So In love like Katniss and Peeta!
(Haha I'm so hilarious this late at night! Even now I'm still chuckling to myself.)




More time in the dune buggies!

This part was also awesome. Our guy took us everywhere!



Dave is so cute.

He was driving very fast!




On this beach we stopped and shopped a little at this cute, local shop.
I bought a big hammock.
Now all we need is a back yard of our own!

He was showing us black choral.


Here are some local houses that also reminded Dave of an area of his mission.

We tried to take a picture of a Peluqueria while we were driving down town.
but it was hard.
"Peluuuuqueria, Peluquerrrrrria!"

The end of our day, sayin good bye to our cute, sweet guide.
See my new hammock? BARELY made it onto our flight home!

Love these swings!


Our last excursion was in Miami at the Everglades.
It was so cool to see a different type of nature than I'm used to.
So beautiful.

We saw lots of Alligators, both wild and domestic.

On our air boat with ear plugs in.

No way Snaggle tooth,
I'M not feedin ya lunch!

This guy was so funny.


The Alpha Male. Very scary.






I just loved riding through and seeing such pretty plant life that I don't get to see often.
I felt like I was in the Bayou haha, Dave thinks I'm nutty.


Growing bananas!
Anyway, Thanks for stickin with it, I know there are a lot of pictures.
I am so grateful for the opportunity Dave and I had to try something new this year and also have the chance to relax with no responsibility hanging over head. We both had a great time and hope to do something along these lines in a couple more years, this time bringing any friends that wanna come along too!!!
Looks like you had so much fun!!! You know we're there if you decide to go again! Although, we HAVE GOT TO GO TO LAKE POWELL FIRST! I'm starting to think that day will never come! :(
ReplyDeleteAnyway, love all the pictures, you know me! You guys are lookin great :)
HAHAHAHA when you first mentioned the serenity deck I thought it was an adults only/topless deck like our Carnival Cruise Ship had!! We were never brave enough to go up there...
ReplyDeleteLooks like an awesome trip!! Seeing you both made me smile and miss you even more! Love you guys!!!
I love this!!! Thanks for posting. Your little captions are seriously cracking me up. Such a funny little thing you are. Todd and I have never really been interested in doing a cruise vacation, but this actually looks really fun. Maybe we'll have to give it a go sometime. You are beaud, by the way!!
ReplyDeleteTodd here, awesome post! Maybe Im just a nut, but I loved the Peruuuuuuquiera part (or whatever it is called). If we get a yard you can absolutely set up your hammock in it. We might even let you come over and use it once in a while:)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you enjoyed your cruise! They are sooo much fun. You know that me and Logan would be more than willing to go on a cruise with you guys! I loved all the pictures with you kicking it B&D style :)
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures too! You look fab in them all! Those crocs are making me uneasy just from the pictures. I am so glad you guys had a fun, relaxing vaca.
ReplyDeleteI'm so jeal! Looks like such a great time. Your captions were gold, equally as entertaining as the pics. Glad you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete