Monday, April 5, 2010

Maryn serving in DC?!

So, as most everyone knows by now, Daves sister was transferred from Mongolia to Arlington, Virginia which just so happens to be in our stake! Her mission president has been so nice in allowing her a couple contacts with us. So here are some pics of Maryn and Dave reunited :) Its been really fun.

Our first meeting, at Stake Conference, where we met her companions and such



Sister Lee asked me if I would drive her group of sisters to Mount Vernon on their preparation day, which I was totally happy to. It was perfect weather and a really fun activity. The sisters were incredibly sweet, we became friends instantly.



Mount Vernon is so beautiful. Dave and I are planning to model our house exactly like Washingtons...


Patty Lee got special permission from Maryns president to take her and her companion to lunch one day. So Uncle Ken, Patty, Mike, Jean and Dave got to accompany Maryn to Rio Grande. I wasnt there because MY sister was in town and I had the opportunity to show her the sights. Abbey took all the pictures so I dont have any to post... sorry girl. I'll steal one from your page. Anyway, it was a great day for the Lee Fam.



Davey Dukes, Cute cute Preston (wing man of Mayhem), and Mar Bear


AND WE HAD A BABY!
haha jk, we were at Mikes BD party and thats Janas new baby Cate. Beautiful thing. So what do you think? Could we pull it off?
P.S. Maryn was hard at work this day... not partying with us hooligans



And the last thing, on her P-day, I drove the companionship to see the cherry blossoms at Tidewater Basin. Jefferson Memorial is right there so thats where we are. The blossoms were lovely and so were the sisters.


On this trip down town we stopped in and had a tour of the capital building and surprise surprise David was our fabulous tour guide!! It was so fun to see my man in action, sharing his knowledge with his sister and companion. Maryn was taking pics of Dave the whole time haha it was really cute :)




Of course we couldnt pass up the chance to stand by Robert E. Lee and pose. Yes, I was in the original, Yes, I looked like a fool. so you get nothing but my awesome thumbs up...



Obviously I kept in touch with Kathie Lee through the experiences we got to share with Maryn, and as we talked it became more and more evident to me that Heavenly Father does have a plan for each of us and a lot of times he somehow intertwines them together giving everyone an opportunity to grow and help others grow as well. Its an amazing thing to be a part of.

We Love you Mar, and are so Proud of you :)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Tell Dave we've got his golf clubs and we're bringing them to him. We get home late Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! I'm glad to see the pix! If you see her again, tell her hello from us! P.S. your hair is getting so long! Holy smokes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BECCA!!! It is so fun to see all the cool things you are up to. I love Washington DC, like really really love it! I need your sister's address for the invite. Just email it to me, jessica_malone@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete