Ok so Daves office had a retreat with their Utah office which really meant that the DC office got to show the Utah office around places of touristic value while still getting work done on the side, and enjoy a couple activities along the way. Spouses were invited to most everything so I got to take some pics... ok just so you know, the rest of this was actually written by Dave trying to sound like me which is comic relief in itself. hope you think it's as funny as I do, lemme know if you think he's accurate.............
Before these events, Dave got to go to the National Archives and see some really cool stuff. Besides the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, Dave saw copies of letters Church leaders sent to the government from Nauvoo and Utah. George Washington's first inaugural address, Thomas Jefferson's public statement on the Louisiana Purchase, and Abraham Lincoln's commission of Ulysses S. Grant. I wasn't there so no pictures were taken. Dave is very sorry!!!
Before these events, Dave got to go to the National Archives and see some really cool stuff. Besides the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, Dave saw copies of letters Church leaders sent to the government from Nauvoo and Utah. George Washington's first inaugural address, Thomas Jefferson's public statement on the Louisiana Purchase, and Abraham Lincoln's commission of Ulysses S. Grant. I wasn't there so no pictures were taken. Dave is very sorry!!!
Lunch with the entire staff in the Members room of the Library Congress. It was so fun to meet all of the people that Dave works with!!! This was all part of a staff retreat with all the people from the Utah offices and the D.C. staff.
Another amazing part of the Jefferson Building. Supposedly one of the most beautiful buildings in the entire city!! I got a private tour with Davey's office.http://www.dsw.com/shoe/lifestride+diary+flat?prodId=205929&category=cat20068&brand=
This link takes you to the shoes I bought the day before these events that I foolishly thought I could get away with wearing with ease... that is so not the case. Before we even made it to the luncheon my heels were screaming at me and I had much much more to endure... but they sure are cute :)
This link takes you to the shoes I bought the day before these events that I foolishly thought I could get away with wearing with ease... that is so not the case. Before we even made it to the luncheon my heels were screaming at me and I had much much more to endure... but they sure are cute :)
Now the Capitol on a tour with Senator Bennett. This is the Senate receiving room at the entrance to the Senate Floor. We got really lucky because the Senate was out of session during the tour and we got to go on the floor of the Senate and into all the cool areas that are usually reserved for only senators.
The pictures in this room are of important senators who had a large impact on the development of the Senate. Calhoun, Clay, Webster and others were picked by John F. Kennedy to be the portraits of the room.
Senator Bennett telling everyone about the Old Senate Chamber. They still use this room sometimes for votes and hearings on classified information because they can do the meetings without cameras and the media.
Dave trying to ignore me...HEY, pay attention to me!!!This picture is in Statuary Hall which used to be the Hall of the House of Representatives. Right over Dave's shoulder is one of Utah's Statues, Brother Brigham.
Getting some good luck by rubbing Will Rogers shoes. I can already feel it!! Will Rogers is the only statue in the Capitol who was put there while the person was still living. He is right out side the new House chamber and is supposedly keeping his eye on proceedings there.
The staff got a cake to thank the senator for all his great work! The cake had one of his famous phrases "I'm off to save the Republic" We are both so glad that Dave got to be part of this amazing office.



haha i love it! :) I bet they do love Dave. And he did sound like you in parts ;) Looks like you guys are having so much fun! I'm jealous!
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow! Check out the Lee's, hanging with Senators now! Sheesh. (Ballin'!) Bry and I are way jealous! We're seriously going to take a trip out to DC and we're going to sleep on your doorstep whether you want us or not! :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteBecca- I loved this post, next time I want you to try and sound like Dave. I was laughing throughout the whole post. It sure makes me miss you two even more. I LOVE how you guys love eachother.
ReplyDelete