I'm just gonna say this once, If you don't have all day to look at one blog post, and your not my mother, you will most likely not have the time to enjoy this one. It's a BEAST! Seriously obscene amount of pictures. But for all of you who love to see a WHOLE LOT of Becca and Cassie Go ahead and read on at a brisk pace, don't worry about studying each image, just read on...
DAY ONECassie got in last night on her birthday-

So we bought her a cake! Yes, those are Tea candles, it's just Becca's way.
Happy 21st Cassie!


There aren't too many pics of Dave in this post since he was studyin hard for finals and workin all day, so even though he's gonna kill me for this goofy pic of him I'm posting it anyway to prove he was actually there.

Later that day we went to Sandia and walked around the mall...

B- for Becca, C-for Cas... I don't know where you got Boston / Cubs from?
My sister is one of those gals who love taking pictures of EVERYTHING. Seriously I have so many more that I haven't posted. But you still get to see some fruits of her actions.

Pics she took of the city


If you look closely you will see the local Wizards playing a game of Quidditch.
Good thing Cas caught that one!
The three of us visited the National Art Gallery. Here are a few of our favorites-





Dave was actually with us this day, despite what you see


Da Vinci sketch
DAY TWO- We took Cassie to church where she met our lil CTR 4 boys. She loved them! Cassie is a natural when it comes to caring for children and she actually gave me several pointers on interacting with kids. Being as She works with kids on a very involved level for her job back in Utah, she had perfect advice.
DAY THREE
Met Dave for lunch at
Armand's PizzaCas and I visited the Capitol-

Cassie and I with Brigham Young
Lincoln Memorial-

police horse

I know you've seen Lincoln Memorial AT LEAST three times on my blog, but each with different people, so hopefully that parts interesting to you.

Love that girl :)



Cas and I agreed that this pic is actually classic DAD, tryin to take nice mugs whenever he sees a pretty back drop. Apparently that trait has been passed down to me... Love you DAD

I'm so thankful she captured this image since I know you've missed my ghetto booty :)



Behind the memorial, takin pics




DAY THREE.5
Giant Einstein :) Course we would hit that one.

Cassie was talkin to Liz when I snapped this.

Georgetown Cupcakes and the line round the corner that goes along with it.
Quality Music at Black Cat-

These guys play with a drummer, acoustic guitar, cellist, and Bassist. They're called the Last Monarch, and they're pretty good!







Matt Costa, JK... Caesar, JK.
DAY FOUR
We love goin out with Dave, he chooses fun places to take us.
Love you sweetie!
DAY FIVE-
Stradivarius Instruments, beautiful details, amazing history.
Cassie felt bad that they weren't being played, I tried to encourage saying they'll be preserved much longer displayed like this. She just wants everyone to have the opportunity of playing one like she has had... few are that lucky!

Viola D'Amore
Viola of Love
Smithsonian museum of Natural history- phenomenal. We spent more time here than anywhere else.


T-Rex


At the center of the hall is the 90-foot
Diplodocus longus, which was found in Utah in 1923.
Shout Out Utah!

It was SO awesome, look at its dragon-like neck spear things!



Sid the Sloth has a GIANT cousin, the giant land sloth. As opposed to the Sea Sloth that apparently exists, according to Daves old Oceanography class.


Manny the Mammoth
This section might have been our favorite part... The Sparkling Diamonds!!

This is the Blue Hope Diamond. The most popular Diamond in history for its perfect clarity and deep blue color.

Aquamarine, My birthstone :) Love it!!

Cassies Birthstone, The Diamond. This one was 16 carats. Love it Too!!

My all time favorite piece, more than one thousand diamonds and beautiful turquoise.
I would love to see Kate Middleton wear this sometime! Perhaps when she throws my next birthday party...

Cas liked these stunning earrings
Botanical Garden next to the Capitol-


We also loved this place. If Cassie comes back for the summer, this is where we will hang out and do nothing.





DAY SIX- We went to lunch with Dave and then I sent her off on Bolt Bus to meet up with Bryce in New York. It was very hard for me to say good bye to my sister. She is an amazing woman. She's Smart, creative, beautiful, non-judgmental, full of depth, spiritual, and loving. We had a really really great time.
And If anyone else wants to come visit me, I will say nice things about you too!!
Hahaha you and kate middleton! I loved your beast of a post! Not only because of my beautiful sisters but the amazing places you went! Also, the 16 carat diamond. I'm thinking next anniversary...
ReplyDeleteWait. Did Paul just say something about getting me a 16 carat diamond for our next anniversary?? What a guy!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I will confess. He was still logged in to gmail when I commented here... It was actually me that loved your post! hahaha
Bog! How fun! I'll have you know, I looked at every single picture. I can defnitely appreciate a good long post ;) I'm way jealous! We are going to have to find a way to get out there soon!
ReplyDeleteOk, Bec, I'm posting a comment. Took me forever to get on the blog; but I, too ('course I am the Mom :), looked at every picture. My faves: the crown (MY birthstone is the turquoise), the sloths, the viola d'amour, flipflops at the Capitol, Cas on Einstein's lap, pretty scenery, Bec's new hair, classic Dad mug, tea candles on the b-day cake, Dave's goofy pic (it's cute!), and just my three kids!!! Thanks, Bec! Loved it. You're good! And BTW--Liz, you gave yourself away when you said "and my beautiful sisters." Don't think Paul would have said that! Let's all send hints to our hubbies about the 16-carat!!
ReplyDeleteHey, Bec! We're overdue for a post about your new apartment. Get busy!
ReplyDeleteYou are seriously so adorable! It was so good to see you at Abbey's shower! You gotta go to the Newsuem, seriously you are gonna LOVE it!
ReplyDelete