Well it's needless to say Dave and I have been caught in an interesting week here...
I was at the salon waiting for my client to be washed when I started wondering what the rumbling noise was. That's when my boss and I noticed our Glass shelves, full of product, were swaying back and forth. She started pushing me out the door as all the bottles of hair spray and conditioner were falling to the ground.
I'm sure you can image a salon full of clucking women would not bode well during a situation like this. People were screaming, one lady tried to climb out the window, My adorable tiny, Asian shampoo girl hunkered down above my client trying to protect him from the shelves falling. It was a few seconds of Chaos!
Thankfully nothing serious happened to our Salon. Once the shaking stopped we just replaced the product and went back to cutting hair! Business as usual haha.
I was at the salon waiting for my client to be washed when I started wondering what the rumbling noise was. That's when my boss and I noticed our Glass shelves, full of product, were swaying back and forth. She started pushing me out the door as all the bottles of hair spray and conditioner were falling to the ground.
I'm sure you can image a salon full of clucking women would not bode well during a situation like this. People were screaming, one lady tried to climb out the window, My adorable tiny, Asian shampoo girl hunkered down above my client trying to protect him from the shelves falling. It was a few seconds of Chaos!
Thankfully nothing serious happened to our Salon. Once the shaking stopped we just replaced the product and went back to cutting hair! Business as usual haha.
Daves experience was a little different. He was Down town at work and had to deal with a whole different situation. Capitol Hill evacuated immediately and people tried to get home as soon as possible. The metro took an hour longer to get home because they wanted to make sure the rails were still aligned properly. Poor Dave.
Here's a picture of the Washington Monument. Some of the stones have cracked and shifted, letting outside light shine through. This is just one example of things that have happened in our area.
Now for this weekend...
Supposedly there's a hurricane hitting tonight???
That's too bad because we plans to go see the great Spy Kids: All The Time In The World...
Maybe we'll go next week, if the theater is still in tact.
Last night Dave and I went to the store for some Vitamin Water and White Cake and this is what we found.
I guess the neighbors are taking this food storage thing seriously!
But for real, I'm glad I got all our water and stocking up items two days ago, because we would have been out of luck!!!
After listening to the News, We're pretty sure all we'll get here is some flooding and power outages. Not that much compared to what the beaches are going to get!
I would like to know what the heck is the deal here, but I also know that Nobody really knows!
Yikes! That sounds so scary! I've been thinking this whole week how glad I was that we went out there in July, not now! Be safe this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am cracking up at the lady trying to climb out the window!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! I love moments of pandemonium! And your "hankering for vitamin water and white cake." Well I'm glad you're still alive (hopefully). My hubs is on his way to you right now - you'll have to post some pics for me of the fun you all have! Thank you again - we love you!!
ReplyDeleteCrazyness!!!! What a weekend. That was a lot more eventful than my weekend. I am glad you are safe! That is so funny about a lady climbing out the window. Haha. I bet you enjoyed that.
ReplyDelete