Saturday, September 10, 2011

Random Pictures from this summer.

So here are some pictures from our phones (our camera is around here somewhere...). See if you can guess which pics were taken with which camera phone haha


Some nights Dave and I will go down town and hang out at the monuments, just to talk and look at the moon. It's a fun thing to do with your special someone :)


And early this spring the Lamberts came to DC and Dave and I were able to go to dinner with them! It was very fun to see Daves childhood neighbors near our stompin ground.


So by now it's pretty well known that Dave and I moved this summer to a new apt. And boy was it a process!! Even though the move came in sections over a span of a couple months, I look at this picture of Dave and have the fondest memories of what we accomplished together!
And BTW, anyone who doesn't have family or friends with a truck or a truck of your own... this is an excellent way to go! Home Depot, You saved our lives!


I went to the Euphora Professional DC Hair Show where I was taught some fun things about color, cuts, and up-dos. I love going to these things. So here is one up-do I practiced.

So I went home to Utah this summer! And as much as I LOVED being back, I did not take hardly any pictures! I really need to get better at that.
But I had to get a picture of my precious nephew. He really wanted these Bionic transformers and the thing that I think is great is his mom and dad are teaching Carson how to save and spend his own hard earned money, so they let me take him to the store and buy these toys with the cash that he had saved up. Watching him do the math himself, including tax, and pay the cashier with his own pile of One Dollar bills and loose change was so impressive and heart warming for me. There was NO WAY I could have done that at his age, no way.


I know this picture is kinda weird, but it is sentimental to me. This was our storage Unit for a couple years. And as I was sifting through everything, I would find random things that really meant something to me. I was surprised at the amount of things I have kept from so long ago that brought back a lot of memories and feelings that I have not thought of in years. And being determined to fight the clutter bug in me, I threw a lot of it away. Most of the things I'm talking about were Pre-Dave, but one of the things I tossed was my wedding bouquet. It's seen better days obviously, so I took this pic to remind me of the things that I loved, but tossed for the sake of my sanity...

So we packed the rest up in an ABF Relo-Cube and sent it on it's way to Mclean, VA.

You can emagine my surprise when the cube arrived to VA and this is what I found when I opened it!!! An empty box! Where did all my stuff go?!
Turns out that the Ogden, Utah terminal shipped the wrong cube cross country. Ours somehow ended up in Denver, Colorado of all places! Don't ask me how something like that could happen, all I know is that the situation was gonna push back our move a week and that I had to unpack it all by myself since Dave couldn't take another day off work. It was one rough day for me, but we made it happen and it's all over now. Thank heaven!
Here's something that was a little bit funny. The man that ended up shipping the cube to our house was super nice and friendly. I asked him if i could take a pic of the thing movin out, just for fun. So I took a pic or two, and then I noticed the driver quietly shifting backwards til it became apparent that he was hiding behind this tree in the corner of the yard. And as soon as I put my phone away, he cordially tipped his hat at me, hopped onto his machine and drove away! Haha, I think he might be involved in some kind of shady business... (No Pun intended!!!) But seriously, why would he hide from the camera otherwise??
Anyway, I have promised like four different people I'd post pics of our new apartment and still have not. So hopefully I'll get on that one soon!



We went to the beach a couple times. The ocean waves beat me up pretty bad, but it was way fun once I figured out how to take them on haha.




I wasn't with my parents when they went to this fancy restaurant for my Dads BD, but I thought it would be fun to post these pics anyway. Love you Meem&Deed!!



I thought I would put a pic up of my Dear friend Sarah.
We had such a great time hangin out. This was just after I did her hair one day.


I know these pics are horrible quality, sorry people who care.
This is our fave place to go out. This night was for my birthday, so not the summer, but we went here a bunch in the summer so it counts :)

And this is pretty much the only picture we have of the visit from Daves Parents! I wish so badly that we had more pics to post of them because we all had such a good time.
It's a funny pic that probably needs explaining. For some reason we thought it was a good idea to have Tom sit on a Yoga Ball for dinner... and that's the best explanation I can give, but it was pretty funny at the time!!

Well, I wish I had better footage of what took place for us this summer but I think this gives you a pretty good idea. Now I need to find that Camera and take some good ones of the Fall! We have a lot going on these next couple months so please give me encouragement and we'll see what I come up with!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you live on the East Coast! There are so many things to do! Your pics are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fiasco with the empty cube arriving to the Gates of McLean! I didn't know about that. Great to see you at lunch the other day. We'll have to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all your pix and your stories, Beckilee. I love your hair, too! I miss my girl and her man!! Can't wait to see your apartment. Keep them coming. Love, your Mama

    ReplyDelete