Friday, February 10, 2012

Thanksgiving!

So here's the Thanksgiving blog.
Dave an I went over to the Oats house and celebrated with a couple more friends.


I made Apple pie and Key Lime pie. Nothing compared to my moms annual seven or eight pies, but it's a start haha.

Between the four couples bringing stuff we had SO MUCH FOOD!
We had candied yams, green bean casserole, potatoes and gravy, salad, rolls...

Two kinds of stuffing...

Turkey of course, special juice, red jello, and more!!

Everything was so delicious! Seriously, I could have eaten it all for Days and Days.

The boys watching the game. These boys are so enthusiastic, I especially love Joes face on the left. He looks like a hungry zombie.


Here are the two cute sisters from Texas. I loved getting to know them better and also their fun girls.
I tried bringing a couple of my families Thanksgiving traditions to the gang. Some of them worked, some of them didn't...

Like the Turkey Treats!!

We try to do different types of turkey treats each year, and the ones we tried this year did not go over so well, as you can see.

More football.

Love my goofy guy :)

Then we all played The All Beloved Skittle Game!!

The lil girls kinda tried to play too, but as usual, the adults got too competitive and played right over the cute faces.
And to keep the record going, Dave used his signature cheat tactics.
(sorry love, gotta tell it like it is!)

The one time they got to play

Someone get those doubles!!!

I might have gotten too many skittles.

Joe got pretty intense too.

This was one of those traditions that worked out pretty well :)
It always does!!

Thanks Ellen, for Hosting the Feast!!
You always have such a loving, welcoming home and I'm thankful for your hard work in making this a great holiday.

5 comments:

  1. How fun :) You look great! That's all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love that you played the skittle game!! you should have been there for the skittle game that we played at meem and deeds this year. It was random cause there were only a couple of us so it wasn't like funny ha-ha but it was fun cause little James was getting his heart broken that he never got doubles and Cars wanted to win so bad and Ella was just her cute little self and by the end of the game, the bowl was filled with spit from those cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah!!! and we tried to do a different kind of turkey treat this year that looks very similar to yours (all covered in melted chocolate) and it also did not go over so well. One big chocolatey mess, and hardly any turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you made those pies!!!! How awesome you little bakeret you!! I have never made a real pie. Move over mom, here comes Rabogga Devil: Pie extraordinare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and by the way, your friend Ellen is gorgeous. That just makes me even more want to jump on the gun and have a girl before Cassie so I can use that name!!! haha

    ReplyDelete